~*~ The Silence of my Soul ~*~

"The days fly by so fast .. enjoy fully and live, love .. ** breathe ** every moment as if it was your first and not your last!" - Me, 1/30/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: On the Bore-der of Dallas, Texas, United States

I am elegant pain unleashed to reveal the sometime sorrowed soul that hides within .. only a few to reach "me" now. I dare you.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Feeling better now ..

.. maybe the medication is wearing off. Or maybe it's the fact that we got back from the store just now buying food we can barely afford BUT we do have food for a nice meal anyway. AND some behemoth brainless bourgeoisie was in line behind me and Mac at the store when I messed up my debit thingy and the lady told me I didn't look too happy and how was I doing lately.

I've been shopping there for like 11 years now and she always asks about the kiddos and things. I think Jakky's met her once this past trip he made here. ANYway .. I tell her I still can't find a job and she asks if I had thought about working at Tom Thumb and told me how to go on the internet and where the local stores where. So I tell her thank you and start to turn away and she says hello and how are you to the cantakerous crotchety crab and he snaps at her and makes a smart-ass remark about how slow she was and how he wanted to make a complaint to the manager because he was in a hurry.

Uh, yeah.

So I go and get my change at the bank there - damn I hate having to get quarters to do laundry, grrr! - and walk back that-a-way to see him telling the manager what a slow and lazy so and so Michelle is. I just kinda chuckle to myself, write my name and number down on a piece of paper and handed - sorry, more like flourished it to the manager as I look this decidely dickless dud square in the eye and explain how she was so polite and nice and I've been a faithful shopper to this store, look up your credit card records, for 11 years now and she was trying to help me out since I had no job and needed a smile. The manager kind of looked him over and arched her brow as I smiled - ever so sweetly - and walked away.

Needless to say he grumbled out of there .. went out the other doorway and walked ALL the way around the parking lot because we were parked right next to his vehicle. ROFL! Ha. It takes only a minute for someone to decide if you're an angel or asshole .. which do you choose to be? Hmm .. I chose to be the asshole today myself.

Down with the MAN!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

It's incredible how crappy people can choose to be when their little microcosms are affected by the rest of the world. Every time someone pulls that "I'm in a hurry, it's all about me!" crap, I want to slap them.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home